IR State Meet Preview- Boys Teams
IndianaRunner.com: 2019 Cross Country State Meet Preview – Boys Teams
Top 24 Team Predictions
1. Concordia Lutheran
3. Columbus North
7. Bloomington South
9. Center Grove
11. Crown Point
13. Floyd Central
15. Bloomington North
17. West Noble
19. West Lafayette
21. Columbia City
22. Hamilton Southeastern
24. New Prairie 25. Lake Central
Teams in the Mix to Win:
* Carmel Greyhounds – If Carmel is firing on all cylinders, they will be really tough to beat. Mathison and Moon provide a great 1-2 punch and could both place in the top 15 individually. The Greyhound pack has been off and on this season. When they are on, it’s entirely possible that they can put all 5 under 16:00 min.
* Concordia Cadets – At the end of the day, this race will come down to whether or not Concordia’s pack can match up with Carmel. They are just as strong through 3 runners and will need a big race from their 4/5.
* Brebeuf Braves – Brebeuf seems like a sleeper team when it comes to a top 3 finish. They have a low stick in Kovach, likely to finish in the top 5-7 individually and Krishna Thirunavukkarasu could place in the top 25 as well. Their pack is less experienced than Carmel and Concordia, but have loads of talent which certainly qualifies them as a darkhorse.
Teams in the mix for a Podium Finish:
* Homestead Spartans – The Spartans are sneaky deep through 5 runners but their question marks come in the #1 and #2’s. Talented, no doubt, but in order to find themselves on the podium, getting a top 25 performance from one or both is key.
* Columbus North Bulldogs – Columbus North is another dangerous team. Newell has stepped up as a possible top 15 individual and their pack and depth is unquestioned. The Bulldogs have improved well throughout the season and should feel really good about their chances to land on the podium.
* Fishers Tigers – How low can the Fishers 1-2-3 punch go? When that question is answered, we will know how they will fare. If they can put all three in the top 30, watch out for the Tigers.
* Bloomington South Panthers – The Panthers are a high upside team. They have their traditional depth we are used to, but will need to have a couple top individuals to outperform expectations in order to finish on the podium.
* Crown Point Bulldogs – Region teams are always tough and love running with a chip on their shoulders. The Bulldogs could be playing spoiler this Saturday as they have all the pieces to finish in the top 5.
Teams hoping for a top 10 Finish:
* Center Grove Trojans – The darling team of the 2019 season, Center Grove makes its first State Meet appearance by way of their amazing youth. The Trojans are another team that, if they can find one or two of their top guys in the top 30, could be safely in the top 10.
* Noblesville Millers – The Millers showed resiliency last week after losing Andrew Anderson to injury at the Sectional. What appeared to be a podium team a month ago now hopes to salvage a top 10 finish.
* Brownsburg Bulldogs – What a season for the Bulldogs so far! Possibly the most improved team in 2019, Brownsburg looks really good heading into the State Meet. Alex Freeman has proved that he has the talent to finish in the top 10 and their depth has been a surprising treat.
* Zionsville Eagles – Zionsville needs a big performance from their #4 and #5 runners. If those two can run well, the Eagles should be inside the top 10. Jesus Garcia has been on a roll and Pratt has been super consistent as of late.
* Valparaiso Vikings – The Vikings have all the pieces in order to finish in the top 10. They key for Valpo will be getting their #1 and #2 runners inside the top 40.
* Floyd Central Highlanders – Floyd Central seems to be peaking just at the right time, nearly playing spoiler at the Brown County Semi-State. Keep an eye out for the Highlanders!